Welcome to the May 2013 issue of Dumfries & Galloway Life
Spring is finally here and while it’s still pretty chilly out there we have plenty in the May issue of Dumfries & Galloway Life to warm the heart.
● Time Lord – the fascinating tale of our May cover star Sam Caven, the Castle Douglas master clockmaker whose trade is untouched by the modern world
● Oyez Evie! – find out why eight-year-old old Evie Cloy has plenty to shout about, after becoming Creetown’s first town crier in 51 years.
● The Young Ones –
● Mya’s Legacy – Park-Safe Campaign and Celebration of Life Ball in memory of Mya Davidson
● Inspired By Nature – jewellery maker Jill Parker
● Viewfinder – a look at the stunning Dalry home of photographers Morag Paterson and Ted Leeming
● An Institution - the story of Isherwood & Co, the enduring and endearing traditional family grocers which is something of an Annan institution
● Chef’s Special – the recipe for Mrs Green’s Beautiful Beetroot Cake
● Castle Showcase – find out why one of the region’s loveliest stately homes,
● Out & About – see who you know in our 18 pages of Out & About
Three great competitions to enter
● Win an overnight stay for two, with dinner, bed and breakfast, at Corsewall Lighthouse Hotel near Stranraer AND a top-of-the-range Honda CR-V from Grierson & Graham to drive for the weekend
● Win a sterling silver necklace with black onyx gemstone from Jill Parker’s Vintage Rose collection
● Win two tickets to an exclusive VIP night Scottish Beauty Salon of the Year, Jacquies Beauty in
AND DON’T MISS THE SECOND EDITION OF OUR A TASTE OF DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY special magazine, celebrating the region’s fantastic food and drink. It’s free with the May issue.
● features ● photography ● profiles ● news ● homes ● gardens ● food & drink walking ●history ● arts● music ● listings ● property ● motoring ● columnists ● competitions ● Out & About